**In order to reset passwords, please submit a Help Desk ticket asking for your specialized 1:1 Apple ID if you haven't already**
In the event a student forgets his or her Apple ID password, every 1:1 teacher has a specialized Apple ID that gives them access to reset the password for the Apple ID in question. The Apple ID used here is specifically designed for use with Apple School Manager and related services (like iTunes U).
1. First, log in to the Apple School Manager portal using your specialized district Apple ID (provided by the tech department)
- Your username should be your first initial + last firstname.lastname@example.org (e.g. Pete Jones would be email@example.com)
- Your password will be something you choose during the initial account setup. If you cannot remember your password, please put in a help desk ticket
2. Once you login, you'll be prompted to enter a verification code sent to the phone number you provided during your initial login to the specialized Apple ID
3. Once logged in, click on the "Individuals" tab under the "People" section if you're not there already
4. Select the account you need to reset, it will highlight once selected
5. The user's information will load in the lower section of the window, including the option to reset the account password
6. A confirmation dialog will appear, click "Reset" once you've confirmed the account matches
7. The new login info will be displayed, note the temporary password as it will be required for the student to login and update the password to one of their choosing.